For the Spectators
Since 1983, Lime Rock Park has held its annual celebration of historic motoring significance by combining authentic-car vintage racing with a prestigious Concours d’Elegance. It’s an event unique to North America in that the racing and the concours are all on one property during one major vintage and historic event.
The historic racing on Lime Rock’s classic 1.5-mile, 7-turn circuit on Friday, Saturday and Labor Day Monday sandwiches the Sunday in the Park Concours d’Elegance, held on the track’s 2,200-foot Sam Posey Straight.
In the past decade the Historic Festival has added a 17-mile race car parade-and-rally over local roads and through three town centers, ending in a community street fair in nearby Falls Village, as well as creating a 1,000-car Gathering of the Marques car show that’s held concomitant with the concours.Chairman Murray Smith has also confirmed a number of other elements for this year’s Historic Festival 34...
* The Festival welcomes a presenting sponsor, the Prestige Family of Fine Cars, the leading vehicle dealer network in the Tri-State Region with more than 50 years of service to the car-buying public in New York, New Jersey and Connecticut. The dealer group retails a number of marques including BMW, Jaguar, Lamborghini, Land Rover, Lexus, Lincoln, Mercedes-Benz, Mini, Scion, Toyota and Volkswagen, out of Wappinger's Falls and Middletown, N.Y.; Paramus, Mahwah and Ramsey, N.J.; and Stamford, Conn.
* Historic Festival 34’s Honored Guests are the dynamic duo of John Morton and Pete Brock. Among Brock’s numerous accomplishments is, of course, his designing the Daytona Cobra Coupe and founding his wildly successful Brock Racing Enterprises (BRE)... for which Morton was asked to drive and together, they won prodigiously between 1969 and 1972 in BRE Datsuns in C-Production and 2.5-liter Trans-Am. Morton will race a BRE Datsun 240Z over the weekend, too
* The new-for-2016 Tin Top race group has already burgeoned to 20+ entries, with more expected
* Another of this year’s nine race groups will be the wildly popular cars from the Historic Trans-Am organization; authentic pony cars that raced in Trans-Am in the iconic 1966 - 1972 period
* Among the expected 250+ entrants in the Sunday in the Park Concours d’Elegance will be one of the six Duesenbergs (to be announced) that have won Pebble Beach’s Best of Show since 1969.• For ticket information, click here
• Sunday in the Park Concours Entrant information: Ryan McIntosh, 860.435.5000 / firstname.lastname@example.org
• Historic Festival Race Entrant information: Jeanette Veitenheimer, 860.435.5000, email@example.com and limerockhistorics.com
2015's Historic Festival 33
CLICK HERE for the photos of the Concours Winners
CLICK HERE for the complete 2015 Concours Results
CLICK HERE for the complete HF33 race results
Here are photos of the six spectacular cars that were the centerpiece of 2015's celebration of Mercedes Competition Cars...
The car that won the 1955 Mille Miglia in record-breaking time, driven by Stirling Moss and Denis Jenkinson: the Mercedes-Benz 300 SLR "722"
A 1908 Mercedes Brooklands, sister cars of which nearly won the Indy 500 in 1911 and 1912
Ralph Lauren's stunning 1930 Mercedes SSK, the one streamlined for Count Trossi. Rarest of the rare... (Photo by Michael Furman)
The Mercedes W 154 Silver Arrow that finished second in the 1939 Belgrade G.P., days before the start of WWII
The 1914 Mercedes Grand Prix car. Three of these swept the podium at the French G.P., two weeks before the start of WWI
Juan Manuel Fangio won the 1955 F1 championship in one of these, a Mercedes W 196 Silver Arrow
Plus a one-of-a-kind Mercedes "Brooklands" that raced in the 1911 & 1912 Indy 500s!
Since 1983, the East Coast's premier vintage racing and concours event has been the Historic Festival weekend at Lime Rock Park, held annually on Labor Day weekend. No other venue in the U.S. has three days of on-track racing sandwiching a prestigious concours event all on the same property. Plus, there's the Thursday kick-off vintage and race car parade through the surrounding towns that ends with a "Welcome Party" on the streets of charming Falls Village.
Of course, the vintage racing on Saturday and Monday is big and exciting. There are usually at least 300 cars and drivers, racing everything from cars built before WWI to the best competition machines from the 1920s to the 1970s.
In between the two race days is the prestigious Sunday in the Park Concours.
Look for additional information on 2016's Historic Festival 34 soon!
Thursday, Sept. 1 through Monday, September 5, 2016
Thursday 4:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m., Vintage & Historic Race Car Parade and Falls Village "Welcome" Street Party (Free to the public)
Friday 10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m., Practice & Qualifying
Saturday 9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m., Races, Parade Laps & Demo Laps
Sunday 10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m., Sunday in the Park Concours & Gathering of the Marques car show
Monday 9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m., Races, Parade Laps & Demos